Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, March 22, 2012

24 Weeks

First, I wanted to say that I am feeling much much better.  My last bout of fibroid degeneration pain was about four days ago.  When I am not in pain, I feel like a new woman :).  I am currently on "modified bedrest" which means I can go to work when I don't feel as if I am dying, and then I get to be a couch potato.  I went back to work Monday, which was rough, but since then I have been doing okay.
 
24 Weeks

Weight Gain: 7 pounds.  I fully expect this to pick up now that I can no longer work out and since I am not in as much pain!

Symptoms:  Hungry, backache, and fibroid pain.

What I Miss:  Sleep and working out

Milestones: Viability and seeing my tummy move from the kicks

Things to look forward to:  Decorating the nursery.  We have a painter coming and plan to have our furniture delivered in the next couple of weeks.  I have also ordered custom bedding for a super low price which is being delivered.


I am excited for this weekend. We have friends that live out in the burbs and they are coming into the city this Saturday to celebrate.  We are going to grill out, the men are going to have some drinks, and us ladies are going to find something fancy and non-alcoholic to sip on.  I just found out last week they are expecting as well.  I am super excited for them.  It is amazing to me when I look back at last summer and where we both are today.  They came up for my birthday last year and we attended the Southport Festival.  I specifically remember having a conversation about four bars in and at 2 a.m. about how we both were so frustrated that we weren't pregnant yet...if I remember right it may have turned into a bit of a pity party.  And now, here we BOTH are currently expecting.  Their doctor is pretty sure they are having a boy, although it is too early for them to tell for sure yet.  My friend said she is writing up a "marriage contract" for our future babies.  Kinda cute joke :).  Anyways, it will be nice for me to have some human interaction with good friends and hopefully some nice weather...oh, and NO contractions (crossing my fingers)!

4 comments:

  1. Glad the pain has subsided for now. I hope it stays away. Where did you get the custom bedding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the bedding at babybedding.com
    The bedding is by Carousel Designs. They have all kinds of different fabrics to choose from and you can custom design the bed set. Also, if you want other items, such as a changing table cover to match, you can order that too. I found them through the "Baby Bargains" book and it is supposed to be high quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add...it is nice because you don't have to buy a full bedding set for which you may not use some of the stuff and therefore are waisting money. You can design your own and just buy what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on making it to 24 weeks. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete