Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I had such a great trip back home!  I know I say it all the time, but I truly miss my family and friends.  Don't get me wrong, I love Chicago too, but Kansas is just home for me.

First I will get to the wedding which is what brought us back to Kansas in the first place.  Our good friends finally tied the knot. They already have a son together so this has been a long time coming.   It was a gorgeous wedding and it was so nice to see our friends.  I have to admit is was quite entertaining watching everyone get trashed.  I was pretty much chair bound the entire night, but trust me it is in everybody's best interest that I stay off the dance floor anyways.  I had every intention of taking lots of pictures, but once 8 p.m. rolled around I was ready for bed.  I did manage to make it until ten which I was definitely proud of.

The other half of our visit was traveling around visiting various family and friends.  Now, I must note that I did not have a baby shower due to the fact that I was unsure if I was going to be able to travel later on in pregnancy.  I did have a girlfriend in Chicago offer to throw me a shower, but considering most of my closest friends do not live here and the fact that the two that do are either awkward around me or still have yet to even congratulate/be happy for me, I decided it would be kind of ridiculous to have one here.  Therefore, I was fairly surprised to make out quite well in the gift department this weekend.  Honestly, I was not expecting anything.  I thought maybe I would get some gifts here and there from friends whom I have given baby gifts to, but that has not been the case.   Instead, I had people who hardly knew me giving us gifts.  I was shocked and beyond thankful.  The weekend was like a walking baby shower.  Perhaps everyone thinks I am a charity case, but I think that we just have good people in our lives :).  I have to admit it has been difficult shopping for anything since I am either on bed rest or modified bed rest.  So, I am forever grateful and truly blessed that people actually thought of us.  Hugs to you all!

Also, I am working on my blog post for Infertility Awareness Week.  Should have it posted later this week. 

Since I don't have any wedding pics, I thought I would give a sneak peak of one of the best presents of the weekend. (By the way I have been a die hard Jayhawks fan since I was in grade school, and yes, I did attend the University of Kansas...go hawks!)  Isn't this precious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment