Holy S&#T Did I really make it this far already!? And seriously has it already been three weeks since I blogged? Ugh....
I have yet reached another milestone that I honestly never even let myself imagine. I am so truly thankful for each and every day that I am pregnant. It has been a scary journey thus far, but I can finally see the homestretch. Every OB appointment my doctor smiles and says "You made it another week...now just get to 32 weeks. Nothing less". My doctor has it set in his mind that I will probably go into labor around 32-34 weeks. I joke with him that the more he says that, the more likely I am to be one of those women that goes 2 weeks past their due date and has to end up being induced :) I am probably the only woman that would honestly be happy with that for I want my baby girl to bake as long as she can.
28 Weeks
Weight Gain: 10 pounds
Symptoms: heartburn, sore ribs, tired, back/fibroid pain
What I Miss: not having back/fibroid pain
Milestones: passed gestational diabetes, making it to my third trimester, starting the nursery
Things to look forward to: finishing the nursery, waking up every morning and feeling her kick
I did find out I am apparently anemic. I have been taking a daily iron supplement which isn't too bad. I also ended up on bed rest again due to a second round of fibroid pain. Not nearly as bad as the first time, but I certainly do not wish to relive the experience for a third time.
My husband and I are heading to Kansas for our friends wedding this weekend. I am super excited that I will actually get to socialize with people! My OB warned me two weeks ago that he most likely would not let me go. However, yesterday I had yet another wonderful cervical check and he seemed comfortable clearing me for the trip. It is only an hour flight and we will be gone 3 days, not a huge deal. I am looking forward to seeing my family and friends.

Congrats on 3rd tri! I'm curious- why does your OB think you will only go to 32 weeks?
ReplyDeleteMy OB thinks I will go early because off the grapefruit size fibroid on the posterior of my uterus that presses up on my cervix. The fibroid is quite heavy. So with the baby as well, there is a lot of weight. I get bi-weekly cervical checks. I am hoping the fibroid actually works for me in hopes it actually helps pinch the cervix closed.
ReplyDeleteOh, okay. I have a lot of fibroids too so that's why I was curious. Thanks!
Delete