Last Wednesday I finally attended my first Resolve meeting. I got to meet some amazing women who offered great advice. I actually felt more relaxed as we drove home. I have been bottling everything up for far to long and it was a relief to meet other women who could relate. I will definitely be going to the meeting in August.
This past weekend my husband and I went to a beautiful wedding. The reception was black tie optional (I had to look up what that meant because clearly I do not attend things like this often) and was held at the Trump Tower in the grand ballroom. We NEVER get dressed up and we rarely go out these days so it was a blast! I actually had a few..well probably more than a few... cocktails, but it was nice to just feel "normal". There weren't even children at the wedding so I didn't have to worry about being sad. Everyone there was just out to have a good time. The couple getting married are good friends of mine and I couldn't be happier for them. They are perfect for each other and I wish them all the happiness to come.
Today, I had a follow up ultrasound to monitor my large cyst. It has shrunk a whole centimeter so good news! It is still painful but I am going to pick up running again tomorrow. I have been going stir crazy. Literally the past week and a half has consisted of me waking up, drinking water, going to the restroom, go to work, drink more water, restroom, water, restroom, water, long walk, restroom and bed....you get the point. I have been trying to flush my system out, but in the meantime my life has been pretty uneventful.
We have decided on Ft. Lauderdale for our mini-vacation. Why Ft. Lauderdale you may ask? Well, we have already spent a considerable amount of money on all this fertility crap so we are trying to go on a cheap vacation. Hubs used his hotel points for a spa/resort right on the beach, and he used his AA points for our flights (the only advantage of hubs traveling all the time). We are also doing a day cruise to the Bahamas. I am pretty excited to be able to lay on the beach, get a massage, have a few drinks, and RELAX!
I am already feeling better about our situation. Maybe it was a blessing to just take a month of. I have had a fun month so far and there is still much to look forward to!

No comments:
Post a Comment