Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, December 30, 2011

Blessed

I feel I have been an awful blogger.  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

The hubs and I had a great visit with our families in Kansas this past week.  I have finally reached the 12 week milestone so we were able to share our news with our families only.  We will probably announce the pregnancy to our friends around the 20 week mark just out of personal preference (unless I am huge by that time...although I have no bump yet).  Our families were ecstatic and to say there were a lot of tears is an understatement.  I wrote a poem in a card that made our parents think but did not give the surprise away.  I then wrapped up our 11W5D ultrasound picture for them to open after reading the poem.  It was precious.

I know that I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family.  I miss them so much, and every time I leave I get a sick feeling in my stomach.  I also recognize that I have a wonderful group of girlfriends.  It kills me to lie to them every time they ask me if I have any baby news.  I feel so guilty because I can feel my friends disappointment every time they ask.  Most of my girlfriends have been there for me and supported me through this journey and it feels so wrong to not tell them.  Hopefully they will understand the reason I waited so long when I do decide to tell.  I can't wait to talk all things baby when I do come out to my closest friend who is expecting her second child....it has been so difficult to bite my tongue when I talk to her!

I also know that I am blessed to of found Resolve.  Although I no longer attend the Glenview group because I am now expecting, I have been invited to attend a new group through Resolve that is for women who have struggled with infertility and are either currently pregnant or who have already had children.  There are several of my IF friends through the Glenview group that are now expecting so they will now be attending this new group, and I can't wait to see them!  We have become pretty close.

I hope everyone has a wonderful New Years!  Although I will be jealous that I will not be able to drink champagne, we do have plans to attend a party with several of our good friends so I am definitely looking forward to it.  Hopefully I can stay awake!

Cheers to 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment