Yesterday we had the nerve wracking NT scan. All was well. Baby was measuring at 13W5D. My OB office goes off the highest of the three NT measurements which for me was 2mm (the others were around 1.5mm). They said this was very good because the average thickness at 13W in a normal pregnancy is 2.18mm and at 13W6D is 2.8mm. Anything above 2.8mm would have increased the odds for Downs. We also saw a nasal bone forming. I am just waiting on my blood results, but by just looking at the U/S I was told to go ahead and schedule my 20 week appointment thus forgoing an amnio.
The hubs and I got a giggle during the U/S. The baby was flying from one end of the sac to the other every time the tech poked it. It would not stop kicking and waving. We even got to see a yawn :) On a side note: I at times do refer to our baby as "it". I apologize if I offend anyone by doing this. The fact is that it is not really a baby yet and we don't know the sex. So, I guess I could call it "fetus" or "parasite", but "it" is just easier. I had a friend who got snippy once when I called her baby "it" (they chose to not find out the sex). Honestly, I think some women just need to chill the fuck out when it comes to those things, but that is my opinion. Seriously some of us have other things to worry about like my fibroids degenerating and causing preterm labor, or perhaps suffering another loss. Worrying about what to call "it" just seems trivial to me. So again, sorry if I offend anyone but I will probably call my baby "it" until I find out the sex. (getting off of my soapbox now)
I decided to start a short overview about my pregnancy that I will try and update weekly. Mainly for my benefit I guess.
How far along: 13 weeks, measuring 13 weeks 5 days
Weight gain: 1 pound.
Baby bump: No bump but tummy is getting harder if that counts. Wearing my regular clothes just fine but I feel like I have gained 20 pounds.
Symptoms: headaches everyday, pressure in the abdomen, sleepy, still suffering from occasional sickness
Milestones: NT scan went well. I am out of the first trimester according to my OB...something I truly thought was never possible for me.
Things to look forward to: gender scan in 3 weeks, being able to spill the beans to my friends and other family members soon. Seeing my Resolve friends in a couple of weeks.
I have been following all of my buddies often. Some of you just had babies so congrats. There have also been several success stories lately! Yay! Those that email me, please continue to do so! Others are starting treatment again so I am sending positive thoughts your way.

No comments:
Post a Comment