This past weekend was absolutely beautiful and sunny. As I was walking along the sidewalk in the sun I noticed a shadow. At first, I turned around to see who was following me. See, the shadow was someone who was clearly pregnant. It took me a second to realize that the shadow was me. For some reason this small instance of seeing my shadow was the moment in time that I finally realized that this may actually happen! The connection was finally there. The connection between my daughter and I that I had so longed for up until this point. Not that I didn't love my baby before, but I would not allow myself to be excited yet. I didn't quite believe....it is all feeling so real now.
I have to admit that I feel a bit guilty that I can continue to talk about my pregnancy especially after what my friend has endured which is probably why I haven't blogged in some time. I was quite affected by her loss. However, I decided long ago that I was going to do this. Good or bad I was going to document my infertility struggle which would hopefully end up being a pregnancy blog and a future baby blog. So hear goes:
20 Weeks
Weight Gain: 6 pounds.
Baby Bump: Yes! Finally! I do have a small bump, although still quite low.
Maternity clothes: I have bought one pair of maternity jeans and one pair of dress pants.
Symptoms: heartburn/acid reflex, cramping, and I am still getting bloody noses. I have also started to get hungry....as in I feel like I am starving all the time. Bring on the weight gain!
Milestones: We had our 20 week anatomy scan yesterday. Everything looked good as far as they could tell. The placenta is extremely close to my cervix so I will be getting rescanned in four weeks to make sure that the placenta has moved up. Otherwise, I could get placenta previa and end up on bed rest (yuck!). Also, I think the baby had a choroid plexus cyst which I think are fairly common, but I still get nervous. Again, my rescan in four weeks will hopefully show that this has gone away.
Things to look forward to: Finally looking at baby items. I am trying to get through the Baby Bargains book before doing so. I finally picked out custom bedding/fabric that I love and am pretty much going to plan the nursery around that. Still haven't bought anything baby related yet though.
I continue to feel blessed everyday. I had dinner with my Resolve 2 girls last night. It is always fun seeing pictures of their babies and listening to their advice. They all give me hope that I will have a beautiful, happy baby even after everything I have been through, because they have all been through the same. My husband and I are also going to dinner with our friends who lost their babies (see previous post). I can't wait to see her and give her a big hug!!! I think about her everyday and continue to pray that in time her heart is able to heal, although never forget....as I wish for all the other women out there dealing with infertility or loss.

It is hard to accept that it's real. I'm a few weeks behind you and every day I still can't believe this is happening to me. I guess it's one of the positive sides of loss and infertility- it makes us incredibly grateful when things go our way. Best of luck and congrats on a girl!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the 20 week milestone! I am so anxious to get there too. :)
ReplyDelete