Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

17 Weeks

This week was a BIG week for us!  On Sunday we found out the gender of our baby and it is a....GIRL!!!  Hubs and I were ecstatic.  Of course we would have been entirely happy with either a boy or a girl.  The hubs has been so cute all week.  He is a guys guy, and just to see his excitement about having a daughter almost makes me cry.  It has been a good week :)

Sunday we also came out with our secret that we are expecting.  The day was full of texts and phone calls to our closest friends and family.  I could genuinely hear the excitement and relief that most of my friends expressed with our news.  Many were just praying that the no news meant good news and that the IVF was successful.  I still have a few friends to reach out to.  Again, we are blessed to have such good people in our lives.

17 Weeks

Weight gain: 4-5 pounds

Baby bump: definitely rounded out finally

Maternity Clothes: No

Symptoms: headache, headache, headache....did I mention headache?  And the dreaded growing cramps.

Milestone: finding out that we are having a daughter.  The beginning of "flutters".  I at first thought it was gas or muscle twitching a week ago.  Now, there is no mistaking that I am feeling the beginning movements of our baby.

Things to look forward to:  My bi-weekly ultrasound which will be next Wednesday.  Also, our anatomy scan in three weeks.  I pray that everything is perfect.

I continue to pray each and every day that I am able to keep this baby inside me.  Hopefully I will have good news from my doctor next week that the baby still has plenty of room.  I know that as the baby is growing, so are my five fibroids.  There is only so much room.  7 more weeks until viability and then every week thereafter will be another milestone.  I love our baby girl more than I ever thought possible.  I can not and will not fail at bringing this beautiful girl into the world.

2 comments: