Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, June 10, 2011

Due Date

Two days ago (the 8th) was my first due date.  Tadpole...the only one we nicknamed.  It came and went without much emotion.  I think I tend to push away the thought before I allow myself to feel anything.  Ignoring it seems much easier.  Then you have a day like yesterday where I couldn't suppress the thought of it.  I had a lump in my throat the entire day.  Everywhere I turned there was something to remind me of what I lost.  I couldn't wait for the sun to set so I could crawl into bed and again pretend like the last year never happened.  But then I feel guilty....that I am not letting myself mourn the baby we lost...like I owe it to our lost baby to think about what happened.  I found a poem on a support website that reminded me of how I feel.

They say there is a reason,
They say that time will heal,
But neither time nor reason,
Will change the way I feel,
For no-one knows the heartache,
That lies behind my smiles,
No-one knows how many times,
I have broken down and cried,
I want to tell you something,
So there won't be any doubt,
You're so wonderful to think of,
But so hard to be without.
~Author Unknown

It is all so incredibly sad.  Perhaps I should stop trying to ignore how I feel because I don't think the sadness ever goes way.  I have to just remember how happy I was.  And although I was only pregnant for a little over two months...those were the two best months I ever had...I just wish I knew how this whole journey ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment