Since my beta is tomorrow morning, I broker down and tested. Negative of course. I think the hardest part for me is that I truly have been trying to stay optimistic and positive. I convinced myself that just because I didn't have any symptoms, that didn't necessarily mean I wasn’t pregnant since every pregnancy is different. It is such an effort to convince myself to hang in there and smile because everything will be okay when I have no guarantee that this story will have a happy ending. Every time I get myself back up, infertility knocks me back down. I feel like I am fighting a fight that I don’t have enough energy for. I am tired of the shame and sadness that I feel. And now a new emotion has been introduced…fear.
FEAR
I fear that the end result for me is IVF. I fear that IVF won’t work. I fear that if I do get pregnant I will only miscarry. I fear that we will spend our savings on something that is not guaranteed. I fear the loss of happiness. I fear the loss of hope. I fear the loss of my friends. I fear that the only thing I will end up feeling is failure. I fear the loss of myself….
SHAME
I am shameful that I can’t seem to attack this head on….that I am not strong enough. I feel shameful that I let myself feel defeat so quickly. I feel shameful that my body doesn’t want to cooperate. I feel shameful for the lies I have told my friends to not see them. I feel shameful that I can’t even pick up the phone to call one of my best friends who lives two miles away and explain to her why I haven’t seen her baby, her baby that is SIX months old now! I cry because I miss her and I am running out of excuses to not see her…
SADNESS
I cry because I miss my babies. I cry on the birthday’s that I will never get to celebrate. I cry when I see women with their children. I cry every time I see that one line on a pregnancy test…just one. I cry when my husband holds me, because I can feel his pain too. I cry for the other women who can understand my pain for they have lived this nightmare too…
I don’t know how this all ends. So until then I need to lift my head up….smile if I can….and think about what I do have in my life, the things that I love more than anything and never lose sight of that....and think about one happy moment that can get me through the day...just to make the day a little easier...and one emotion I refuse to let infertility suppress...my love for my family, friends, and life.

The thing about friends is that although they may not be able to empathize with you, they have an uncanny ability to sympathize with you. Just be sure to let them in.
ReplyDelete