Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

This Thanksgiving I have so many things to be thankful for.  This year started out rough, but then the pieces began to fall into place. 

First, my husband was offered a once in a lifetime job that he, nor we as a family, could not pass up.  It is his dream job, he would no longer travel and could be home more when we have kids, and it would give me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom if we ended up with twins after our IVF (which was always a concern of ours).  Second, our first IVF so far has been a success.  I can't believe that I am pregnant and have maintained the pregnancy thus far.  I am so incredibly lucky.  Third, I have absolutely no pregnancy symptoms....none.  I have actually been worried about this but after seeing the baby's beating heart weekly it definitely calms my fears.  Fourth,  I have two friends who I have met through the IF world and both are expecting.  Although early, it is amazing that all three of us have been waiting so long for our babies, and now we are all expecting...absolutely amazing.  Last but not least, I have an amazing family who hopefully we can share our wonderful news with over Christmas when I am 12 weeks...talk about perfect timing.

Today, we got another sneak peek at our little baby.  What a difference a week makes!  Our baby has grown so much and actually looks like a baby!  The heart rate increased to 138 bpm which will continue to increase in the upcoming weeks.  We also met with our RE today to go over the measurements and he said everything was perfect.  One more week and I will be transferred to my regular OB and I will be like a normal pregnant lady...imagine that!  Before we left, my RE gave me a kiss on the cheek and a hug and I thanked him profusely.

Now don't get me wrong.... I realize I am so extremely early at 7 weeks.  I remind myself everyday how lucky we are and I continue to pray that the baby stays healthy.  We take one week at a time now, and every week provides me with a little more confidence.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. :) So glad to see your update! I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete