I had a very lovely dinner with the Resolve ladies last night. It is so nice to see familiar faces and to get hugs from the ladies and encouraging words from those whom I don't feel like I need to explain anything too. I also received some wonderful tips from breast feeding to what I should be eating right now. I am so lucky that a group has been created in my area for those suffering from infertility that are now expecting. It is a tough place to be because you don't really feel as if you fit anywhere. Most pregnant women don't understand, but it is also not right to ask for support from those that may still be in that dark, unknown hell while TTC. Anyways, back to my post....
15 Weeks:
Weight Gain: 4 pounds (probably from those damn chocolate cupcakes I intended to bring into work but never did)
Baby bump: Not sure if what I have is qualified as a small bump. I just look like I have eaten too many cupcakes...which I have.
Maternity clothes: Not yet
Symptoms: Nosebleeds, stuffy nose, and constant feeling of having to pee
Milestones: My first adventure into a baby store. I have also been given clearance to work out again. No running (sad), but I am allowed to do a low impact workout and gradually increase my activity over time.
Things to look forward too: Researching ideas for the nursery. Gender scan countdown has begun...10 days left.
Dr.'s Followup: I also had an OB appointment Wednesday. I was checked for a bladder infection due to the constant need to pee. However, upon further discovery, it appears as if my uterus has not flipped due to my fibroid. Usually if you have a retroverted uterus it will flip before week 14. However, my fibroid is so large and heavy that it is causing my uterus to not cooperate. As long as I can continue to go to the bathroom (both ways if you know what I mean), then it should not cause a problem. If it does cause an issue, my OB will have to manually flip me, and I may need a catheter for some time. By all means this does not sound like a pleasant experience! I have a follow up in 3 weeks for a cervical check as well since my uterus is measuring 22 weeks. This means that when my uterus does flip, I will basically look like I am carrying twins. Thank you Mr. Fibroid.

No comments:
Post a Comment