Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

What are YOU doing here?!

I have been so busy with work so haven't been able to post!  Thank you for the comments and emails from my last post.  To follow up 1) my mom called me this weekend and basically kissed my behind.  I think she feels bad about what she said, so I am just going to let it go.  She is my mom and I love her. 2) Regarding my friend issue, one of you emailed me and pretty much were right on point.  The caddy and cliquish behavior became boring in high school.  Why would I want to be part of that? Done...over.  Wish I had closure, but you don't always get what you want.  Tough shit.

So, I have quite an interesting story from this weekend.  First, I have done absolutely no shopping for the baby.  A matter of fact, I had not even looked online for ideas or anything.  Since I had such an abundance of energy this weekend (thank you 2nd trimester!) I decided to do some research on nursery items, primarily furniture.  The hubs and I decided to go to the closest "Pea and the Pod" to browse.  I was terrified of this outing because I did not want to bump into anyone.

We did not even make it through the front door before hearing "What are YOU guys doing here?!".  Seriously, what are the chances I would actually see somebody I know...and out of all people it was our downstairs neighbors.  Lord!  After looking like a deer in headlights and much stammering, I managed to blab that I am 14 weeks, that this was our first shopping excursion, and I was terrified of seeing someone because we haven't told anyone.  This seemed to confuse our neighbors seeing as she is 11 weeks and they have told almost everyone and they have already done a ton of shopping.  So naturally I felt I had to explain myself and told her my quick back story.  They seemed very surprised seeing that I practically see/talk to these people everyday and they had no idea the long, complicated, and often depressing journey we endured.  It actually felt refreshing to get it off my chest.

So, to sum it up our neighbors who we are friends with are expecting their first baby as well.  She is three weeks behind me.  It will be nice to experience this journey together.  We are planning on getting together for dinner to celebrate.  It is also nice to know that hubs and I will not be the only ones pissing off all the rest of our neighbors with a crying baby (we live in a small condo building consisting of six condos, five couples, a single drunk dude, two dogs, and zero children...as of now).  Our neighbors also made a good point...a nanny share.  I have never thought of this before because I always wondered how you find someone to share a nanny with.  Well, this may be our solution.

I will post a weekly update later this week after my doctor's appointment.  I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment