Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Monday, August 22, 2011

Is this thing working?

Just picturing myself at 4 a.m. Sunday morning POAS wouldn't normally make me smile.  However, after seeing yet another "one liner", I convinced my half-asleep self that there MUST be something wrong with the stick.  The stick was not working!!! I began flicking it, shaking it, and even held a flashlight up to it trying to find that hidden other line....but eventually I had to accept the fact that maybe the test was not lying.  I was not pregnant. My doctor was right when he said clomid can make you crazy!  Seriously what was I thinking?!

So, another failed IUI meant a meeting with our RE was a must.  I walked into his office with puffy eyes, crazy hair, and mumbling something about what we need to do next.  First thing he said..."A lot of women say that clomid makes them feel crazy, emotional, and irrational.  It is not a good drug."  Well he sure got that right.  I mean I must have looked like a complete mess today for him to start our meeting by saying that.  (I can only imagine what my co-workers and friends must think who have no understanding or idea what I am going through.)

I came to the conclusion that I am going to jump off the crazy train and start IVF in October (or perhaps that sounds even more crazy to some).  I am not happy about this, but at this point hubs and I are willing to take the chances.  I think the fact that I had two perfect follicles this month and everything looked great and I still managed to get that damn one line...it is time to try something else.

By the way, I was also diagnosed with PCOS today.  I mean really it took this long for them to diagnose me?  I have been saying I had PCOS from the beginning, but what do I know.  Damn...at least I can have a drink tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh so sorry honey. I know IVF can seem really scary - but I know you are up to the challenge. Enjoy that drink tonight - you sure deserve it!

    ReplyDelete