After some unwanted friend drama for which I am still not over (you could probably get a hint from my previous blog post), I decided that I was going to use this weekend to spoil myself before I am cranky, sore, uncomfortable, and whiny. Friday I went out with a couple of friends (don't worry I only had one drink). Saturday and Sunday I went to the gym, I shopped, I spent most of the day practicing with my DSLR camera, I dined out with hubs, I baked, and I even carved a pumpkin. I was productive but also made time for me. It was great!
The real fun started Sunday night, my first night of stims. It took about thirty minutes for the hubs and I to figure out how to mix the the medication (using a Q-Cap to mix and draw up the medication and then switching over to a 27 mm needle made all the difference). After the medication was finally mixed, I pinched my tummy and handed the needle over to hubs to his surprise. He looked at me like a deer in headlights! Apparently he missed the memo that I was going to make HIM give me the shots. After the shot I was examining the contents of the syringe and noticed hubs didn't inject it all! He grabbed the syringe from me to prove that he did in fact inject all the medication and ended up shooting a bunch of medicine all over our bathroom. Ugh....oh well most of it got in me. It was more comical than anything because hubs was freaking out. He was still apologizing this morning thinking that this was drastically going to alter how my ovaries respond :) All in all he did a wonderful job and only a tiny bruise was left as evidence. This is just going to keep getting more fun as we add more/different medications as we go along.
I also created a checklist of things I have completed and still need to complete in preparation for IVF:
Completed:
1. Apply for FMLA so that I don't get fired.
2. Schedule a second nurse consult
3. Sign consents
4. Organize all of the medication & check that I received everything.
5. Send insurance a letter of certification (even though it is not needed since I have met all requirements)
6. Provide a frozen sample to RE just in case
7. Buy lots of G2 and pedialyte
8. Cook meals ahead of time and freeze (lasagna and beef & potato stew)
Still need to complete:
1. Spreadsheet listing out all medication I am supposed to take and when (this was an idea recommended by a friend who has gone through this)
2. Follow up with HR to make sure FMLA paperwork is completed by my doctor
3. List of movies I want hubs to pick up for me for days after retrieval and transfer
4. Pick up a couple of books (anyone have any ideas?)
5. Schedule acupuncture appointments
I am sure I am missing some things but I will just wing it when the time is near. I mean I have had so many surgeries and procedures in the last year and half that hopefully this will all be a piece of cake....except I am going to be a nervous wreck!!! Again, thank you all for your continued support! It means everything to me.
I took a picture picture of all of my meds.... believe it or not this does not include the meds that I have organized already in my bathroom.


I also squirted some Menopur all over my counter. I thought the needle was empty... woops.
ReplyDeleteIs it crazy that I am EXCITED for my medicines to show up?
ReplyDelete